These sessions are no ordinary tinkering sessions. They are professionally taught, hands on bike maintenance masterclasses with Cytech trained mechanics Alex, Jake and Rich. Classes are available from the basics to strip downs and race prepping your pride and joy. Check out the classes available and book online below.
Session 1: "The Essentials"
Perfect for first timers to the bike fixing world. Taught from the ground up, giving the expert techniques and tips you might not otherwise come across.
The class is set in the friendly environment of our workshop. We recommend everyone takes this class before progressing to the more technical aspects as there are some gems that are relevant in every part of maintenance that you will learn here.
- setting up a working environment
- removing wheels
- disconnecting & attaching brakes
- puncture repair
- cleaning and lubrication
- safety checkovers
- essential diagnosis
- chain wear
- care tips
Session 2: "Brakes and Gears"
Running through diagnosis, correct set up and brake pad change on calliper, V and disc brakes. You’ll be able to confidently keep your anchors working all year round no matter what type of bike you have.
Full set up techniques and problem solving of derailleur systems including replacing cables and aligning your mech hanger.
- Identifying braking issues on cable and hydraulic brakes
- Brake pad replacement on calliper, V and disc brake pads
- Brake calliper set up on cable and disc brakes
- Brake bite point set up and troubleshooting
- Brake adjustment on the trail
- Safely testing your brakes
- Identifying gear issues / diagnosis
- Rear mech hanger alignment
- Front and rear mech installation
- Cassette torque check
- Gear indexing and set up
- Chain wear discussion
- Troubleshooting and tips
Session 3: "Wheels and Bearings"
The magic that is truing wheels and replacing spokes. Particularly useful for the pot-hole riddled streets of Sheffield. Assessment, diagnosis and adjustment of the major bearings of your bike. Headset, hubs and bottom bracket all get some attention in this session.
- Discussion of wheel design and components
- Wheel tensioning and truing techniques
- Bearing types and diagnosis of common issues.
- Hub servicing (cup and cone)
- Hub and BB replacement (sealed cartridge bearing type)
Wednesday 25th April 2018 – Book Here
The Custom Session: 6.30-8.30pm
Custom Class on a date of your choice
(Up to 3 people £75, up to 6 people £150)
If there is a particular aspect of the world of bike wizardry that you would like to learn, maybe more technical aspects like fork lower servicing or brake bleeds, or time to work on your own bike with instruction then we can custom create a session around you and your friends.
We can run a group session for up to 6 people which will give you two hours with two mechanics for £150. Gather some mates or work colleagues and split the bill, come to the workshop and learn what you want to learn, at your own pace with beers or coffee on the side. To book, give us a call and discuss your requirements and we will tailor a session for you.
Call or email to book your custom session date.